New Job, New Town, No Time

A wise man once said to me,

There are only 3 kinds of friends: Moving friends, Airport friends, and Beer friends.  And the latter is debatable.

Truer words have ne’er been spoken.  And though I’ve said it before, I consider the members of the Paleoposse to be my friends… MOVING friends, even.

So…speaking of moving… are you guys free Saturday?

It’s not that far.  See? Only 2 cm on the map!

OK, OK, don’t get all nervous, I’m kidding.  Luckily, I already managed the move (with the help of a few friends – paid in beer and pizza), and am about to start my 3rd week of work at my new job in Jacksonville, FL.  Incidentally, you may have noticed that I haven’t made any blog posts in 3 weeks.  COINCIDENCE?

Today I would just like to send a shout out to any PaleoPosse members in North Florida (and even Georgia & Alabama), and see if anyone would be interested in a meet-up! Depending on where everyone is hailing from, we could meet in Jacksonville, Gainesville, or Savanna.

Shoot me an email at jacob@sciencesortof.com and let’s do this!

8 Responses to New Job, New Town, No Time

1. RyanNo Gravatar 11 April, 2011 at 11:40 am #

I’ll be in Gainesville next month…

• JacobNo Gravatar 11 April, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

Perfect! It will be a proper meetup then!

2. CatherineNo Gravatar 11 April, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

Hi Guys,
    If you haven’t been to Gainesville, be sure to check out Stubbies & Steins. I haven’t been since they expanded, but they have hundreds of beers from all over the world. I am sure you can entertain yourselves for several hours (or days!). Congrats on the new job! North central Florida can’t be beat (in terms of weather AND science nerds).

• JacobNo Gravatar 11 April, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

Sweet! Would you be able to meetup there sometime next month?

Ryan! What days are you going to be in Gainesville?

• RyanNo Gravatar 11 April, 2011 at 8:24 pm #

Paleo conference plus a few days the museum collecting. Should have evenings free during collection days.

• MellyNo Gravatar 19 April, 2016 at 6:36 am #

Exeetmrly helpful article, please write more.

3. SicSemperTyrannosaurusNo Gravatar 13 April, 2011 at 4:11 am #

Stubbies is alright. It’s a bit overpriced. Tall Paul’s pub is cheaper, it doesn’t have the bottle selection but it has about 25 beers on tap.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Science… sort of Florida Meetup of 2011! | Paleocave Blog - 29 April, 2011

[…] Jacob was feeling lonely and said we should do some sort of meetup down south so he can make friends and leave the house for something other than work. I said sure and offered to drive all way down to Florida so provide double the incentive for all the Paleoposse to come out for a night of drinks, science, and burgeoning friendships. Would you like some details? You can have them! […]